“No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.”~ Hal Borland
Spring is just about here! I can see lots of new green life popping up through the wet and cold winter ground.
How is your first quarter looking? Are you on track to reach or exceed your production, collection and new patient goals? I hope so. Now is a great time to make plans for an even greater second quarter. UPDATE: SEE Dental Practice Management Ideas for April & Dental Marketing Ideas for April for current ideas.
Here are a few ideas for you…
The focus will be on Oral Cancer Awareness, but I have a few other ideas to share with you first:
National Library Week 10-16 – Check out these 2 blog posts for some fun ideas:
Dental Marketing Ideas for your Local Library – Part 1 and Part 2
National Youth Sports Safety Month ~ Feature: Mouthguards
Great opportunity to talk about the importance of protecting precious smiles with mouthguards. Consider hosting a mouthguard clinic in your office. Reach out to local schools and sports team. Use your social media sites to promote Youth Sports Safety Month.
Community Spirit Days 1-30 –
Look for ways and create opportunities to be involved with your community this month.
Events – Share local community events on your social media sites.
- Spring Perennial Plant Exchange
- Book Drive
- Canned Food Drive
- Aluminum Can tabs for the Ronald McDonald House
Free Stuff – Using your social media sites, post a list each day of 4+ random names OR local business names, anyone with those names or that work at the listed businesses can come into the office on that day only (during office hours) for a FREE gift (toothbrush, floss, lip balm, cookies, etc). Change up the names/business and prize for each day. Have a sign in the office so that your patients can notify their friends, family members, co-workers and neighbors about the free offer. Posting this on your social media sites will allow people to share the post, which will help to get your office name out in front of more people (potential patients). If you’re listing local businesses, be sure to write on their social media site pages and/or tag their business.
Team Building – Volunteer as a team to help out a local charity
National Pet Month – People love to talk and brag about their pets. Use this week to ask your friends/patients on your social media sites to post pictures of their pets. Post pictures of your team members pets. Turn it into a contest: the pet with the most likes wins a special treat.
Give-away: hand out dog treats packaged with your office information. Even if a patient doesn’t have a dog surely they know someone who does…great way to get your office name out there!
If you like these ideas, be sure to sign up to receive more FREE Dental Marketing Ideas right to your email inbox each month. Now, on to our focus…
April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month
UPDATE: SEE April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month for current ideas and facts
Use this as an opportunity to educate your patients and folks in the community. With a goal of bringing in new patients.
Your offer is this:
April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month
our office is pleased to offer FREE Oral Cancer Screenings
in a National Effort to END ORAL CANCER!
How can you promote your offer?
- Send a Press Release to local newspapers & TV stations.
- Create a one-page flier for your patients to share with their friends, family members, co-workers and neighbors. (If you need a sample OCS flier, I’m happy to send you one. Email: email@example.com)
- Talk about it on all of your office Social Media sites!
- Create a Facebook Complimentary Oral Cancer Screening Event
- Hygiene Continuing Care Opportunity: Encourage your inactive patients to come in for their important free oral cancer screening.
- Smoking and drinking are the most common risk factors, but that is changing.
- The biggest risk factor now is the sexually transmitted virus called HPV, the same virus that can cause cervical cancer.
- The Oral Cancer Foundation says over 48,000 people will be diagnosed with oral cancer this year alone (cause over 9,575 deaths, killing roughly 1 person per hour, 24 hours per day), the majority of those cases will be tied to HPV.
- There is an epidemic of oral cancer among young people, unfortunately, due to oral sex.
- Fastest growing segment of the oral cancer population are non-smokers under the age of fifty.
- Additional risk factors include high alcohol consumption, the use of conventional smokeless (chewing/spit) tobacco, as well as prolonged exposure to the sun (for lip cancers).
- Oral Cancer Screenings are quick and painless.
Hopefully, you are able to put into action some of these ideas for the month of April. I would love to hear how they turned out for you. Feel free to share with me any other marketing ideas you have planned for the Spring and to give this post a like. Thank you!
Have you signed up to receive my complimentary dental marketing and practice management ideas that are sent right to your email inbox each month? If not, take a second and sign up. This way, you won’t miss a single idea!
Yours for Greater Success,
P.S. Please stop by and say hello to me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest