Marketing to seniors typically isn’t a priority for most dentists. However, since advancing age doesn’t mean seniors cannot keep their teeth for a lifetime, why not take advantage of the opportunity to reach out to this generation? Help them to see they’re not destined to lose their teeth.
A few ways to reach out to Senior Citizens:
Senior Appreciation Day (In-office)
Senior Health & Wellness Expo
Direct Mail Marketing to Senior Living Communities
Website & Social Media Sites
Today, I’m going to focus on ideas for you to use at a community senior health & wellness fair/expo. However, many of the ideas for talking points, presentation and giveaways may be used in the other forms of marketing mentioned above.
Health Fair settings can be challenging for a couple of different reasons.
One, there are a lot of vendors and booths/displays so you’re going to want to make sure that your display table stands out. That it draws the attention of the guests.
Two, most people are there for something free. No problem for you, because they won’t leave your display empty-handed.
Many wonder what they should talk about and what sort of items should they give away?
How about these ideas…
Service Talking Points ~
– Denture/Partial Maintenance & Repair
– Bad Breath
– Dry Mouth
– Teeth Whitening
– Oral Cancer (On-site screenings)
– The mouth-body connection
– Smile Makeover
Presentation / Demonstration ~
– Power Point/Video presentation on a laptop/tablet/LARGE monitor with before and after photos and/or information about your services.
– How To Demonstrations: Proper Brushing & Flossing Techniques
– Table Cloth
– Banner (Office Name and Website address)
– Business Cards
– Use nice baskets, containers and frames to display your items.
Keep your table neat but attractive – too much information and “stuff” will be overwhelming in that setting.
Include a Big Call to Action with a deadline: You could hand out a sheet of paper that has a special offer on it: Complimentary Oral Cancer Screening, New Patient Special or Teeth Whitening Offer. On that sheet include some of the other services you offer. Also, include your social media sites and of course all your office contact info.
Make certain that you’ll have the ability to schedule complimentary consultations and New Patient Hygiene visits right there on the spot. (Access to your schedule…at the very least a copy of the schedule for the next 2 weeks.)
Very Important: Your display table must include friendly, smiling, approachable and outgoing team members (also wearing, professional & clean attire).
Other things you can do to attract people to your table…
– Prize Wheel
– Gift Basket Drawing/Raffle
Lots of FREE stuff! Which brings us to…
– Bottled Water
– Healthy Snacks
– Xylitol Products- Gum/Mints
– Sample dental health products with sticker or tag attached showing that a “refill” may be purchased at your office.
– Imprinted Toothbrushes
– Floss / Imprinted Floss Cards
– Imprinted Pens
– My favorite idea for a quick & inexpensive freebie is Lip Balm- (my go to; http://www.lipbalmexpress)
– Reusable Bags with your Office Information on them is a handy giveaway, one that allows them to carry their free gifts in and advertise your office for you.
If you’re not looking to spend a lot of money on bags, please consider using small imprinted plastic bags so no one is fumbling with their gifts.
(If you’re wondering where you can order some of the imprinted items listed above and many others not listed, check out Bizarre Marketing. I share this particular company with you because their customer service is awesome.)
Raffle / Drawing ~
– Electric Toothbrush
– Whitening Pen
– Gift Cards
– Gift Baskets ( Themes: Dental, Gardening, Seasonal items, Spa – don’t hesitate to team up with local businesses for basket items)
– Free Teeth Whitening and or $ off Dental Treatment ( NOTE: they can either check the box for which one or all that they are hoping to win. Use a full sheet of paper with prize options and large space for them to fill out their name, email, address & phone (to be used later to send nice to meet you cards).
Should you decide to use a Prize Wheel instead of Raffle/Drawing be sure to find another way to capture their information so you can follow-up with a “pleasure to meet you” thank you card after the event.
Encourage attendees to “like” your office Facebook page and “follow” your office on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Perhaps you can offer some type of incentive/reward for visiting your social media sites.
Take a few minutes before and after the event to briefly introduce yourself to the other vendors and businesses at the expo. Give them a bag with some of your office freebies. This is a great opportunity to build relationships within your community.
So many ways for you to have a fun and successful senior health and wellness fair. Do you have any other ideas that have worked well for you? Please, share them with me.
If you do not already subscribe to receive our free dental marketing and practice management ideas right to your inbox each month, please do so today. Feel free to tell your dental friends about Hayden Consulting. ~Thank you!
We welcome your comments, questions, and likes.
Yours for Greater Success,
P.S. Please stop by and say hello to me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest