The month of October is National Orthodontic Health Month – what a fantastic opportunity to start your final quarter for 2021 great… maybe even make it your best quarter ever.
Here are a few tips and ideas to help you and your team celebrate National Orthodontic Health Month…
Theme: Orthodontic Health Month! Healthy & Beautiful Smiles!
- Dental Hygiene with Braces – Share posts, pictures, and videos on your social media platforms and your Google My Business listing all about how to care for your teeth with braces, how to care for your clear aligners, and how to care for your retainers. (BTW October is also Dental Hygiene month -see more ideas for that HERE)
- Brace Friendly Candy – Share on your social media platforms what candy to avoid and what snacks/treats are brace friendly.
- Reviews / Testimonials – Encourage patients to leave a review/testimonial on Google, Facebook, etc.
- Invisalign – Use this as an opportunity to promote Invisalign. This time of year people are thinking about gift ideas and want to get their smile camera-ready for their end of year parties.
- Before & Afters – All month-long feature before and after ortho photos on your social media pages.
- Q & A Video Sessions– Use your social media platforms to post short videos of the doctors and/or team members answering frequently asked questions.
- Special Pricing – During the month of October offer special pricing or some kind of BOGO offer which will encourage them to tell their friends about you
Practice Management Ideas ~
Unscheduled Treatment Reminders – Reach out to everyone that came in for a consultation but have yet to schedule to get started on their orthodontic treatment. Stay in touch with them via the telephone, email, text, and your social media platforms.
FSA/HSA Reminders – Share reminders on your website and social media pages that orthodontic treatment is an allowable expense for FSA (Flexible Spending Account) and HSA (Health Savings Account) accounts. Don’t let it go to waste by not using it before the year ends. Use it or Lose it.
Doctors, if you would like to grow and improve your orthodontic practice and have wondered what it might be like to work with me and what coaching is all about… please feel free to reach out to me to schedule a complimentary, no-obligation coaching call at email@example.com.
Community Involvement ~
October is National Field Trip Month – Don’t wait for Children’s Dental Health Month in February to invite local schools to bring in their students for a Field Trip to the orthodontist. Bring them in during the month of October instead.
Candy Buy Back ~
- Collect candy in the office. Open to the Public
Or you can do this,
- Team up w/local school(s) and set up collection bins in each classroom where the kids can bring in their candy and the classroom with the most candy wins a gift card or get a local pizzeria to donate pizza for a classroom pizza party for the winning classroom.
Gift Ideas for Referring Dentists and their Teams ~
October is Apple Month – Deliver some apple treats to the offices. Such as:
- Basket Of Apples w/ Caramel Sauce
- Apple Cider & Donuts
- Apple Pie
World Smile Day – October 1st – Put together smile-themed gift baskets.
Or do a team smiles photo contest. Office photo with the most FB or IG likes wins.
Social Media Post Content Ideas to help you Boost Engagement in October
National Dental Hygiene Month
National Caramel Month
You Matter To Me Day: 7
National Boss’s Day (or Boss’s Day): 15
National Candy Corn Day: 30
National Knock-Knock Jokes Day: 31
Wishing you all a productive, happy, and healthy month of October
Do you enjoy the dental leadership, management, and marketing tips and ideas that I share each month? I would love and truly appreciate for you to please leave a review/recommendation for me here on GOOGLE and/or FACEBOOK
Have you signed up to receive my complimentary dental marketing and practice management ideas that are sent right to your email inbox each month? If not, take a second and sign up. Or send me your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will send you an invite to follow. This way, you won’t miss a single idea!
Yours for Greater Success,
~Betty (Dental Coach)
P.S. Please stop by and say hello to me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest