While we are still very much enjoying summer, as a mother of two school-aged children (and as of last week a brand new puppy!) I’m forced to start preparing for the Back-to-School season.
However, for your dental practice, this is a great time to educate the community on the importance of good dental health for their children as well as for the teachers.
Here are some ideas to help make the back-to-school season fun for the community and profitable for your dental office.
Dental Tips and Ideas for the month of August…
Theme: Back-to-school with Healthy Smiles!
Target Audience: Teachers and school-aged children.
Focus: Preventive Dental Services.
What: Education, Promotion, and Special Offers
- Send a press release to local papers and news stations with “Children’s Dental Health Tips for Parents,” such as healthy snack and beverage ideas, when to visit the dentist, what-to-do in a dental emergency, brushing and flossing tips, mouthguard information, sealants information, and more.
- Facebook (live) videos sharing the aforementioned tip and ideas.
- Share social media and blog posts with dental health tips for children.
- Promote special offers just for teachers and students during August.
- August is Get Ready for Kindergarten Month – Send out a press release and promote social media posts that focus on kindergarten-aged children.
See more Dental ideas for teachers and schools here: Dental Marketing Ideas for your local School District
More tips and ideas for August …
Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor’s Porch Night: August 8th – I’m serious; it’s a real day in August! While you probably don’t want to visit your patient’s homes during the night, you can easily have a basket of zucchini at the office for your patients’ to take. Wrap some ribbon and a business card with a zucchini recipe on it for your patients to sneak onto their neighbors’ porch during the night.
Another fun & easy give-away for your patients or referring doctors:
S’mores Day: 10th – Give away little S’mores making kits – “We need s’more patients like you!”
(See this Pinterest Board for S’more Ideas)
August 1 -7 – Simplify Your Life Week: Simplify your life by crossing off “Schedule my all-important dental visit” from your To-Do-List by calling us today at…
~ Social Media Post Ideas to Improve Engagement ~
National Fresh Breath (Halitosis) Day: 6th
International Lefthander’s Day: 13th
Kiss and Make Up Day: 25th
National Matchmakers Day: 31st (ask for referrals)
What are you planning for August? Feel free to share your plans with me.
Did you enjoy these ideas that I shared with you? If yes, would you please kindly recommend me on Facebook? I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thank you!
Are you receiving my complimentary Dental Practice Management and Marketing Ideas via your email each month? If not, please follow today or send me (firstname.lastname@example.org) your email address and I will send you an invitation to follow. This way, you won’t miss a single idea.
Yours for Greater Success,