October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month – About 1 in 8 women will develop invasive Breast Cancer over the course of their lifetime.
Your dental practice supporting Breast Cancer Awareness month is a great way to show your patients and the community that you care.
How can your dental office participate?
Work together as a team to decide how you will promote Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Raise Awareness, How? Here are a few areas to consider:
- Collect Donations for a charity, which foundation/charity will the donations go to?
- Office Decorations, What? Who? and from Where?
- Photo Backdrop & Pink Props
- Social Media Sites – Use these platforms to raise awareness, discuss dental health tips, share office happenings, contest details, etc.
- Production & Product Sales – (Portion of sales will be donated to… )
- Contests for Prizes
- Give-aways – (ex: pink imprinted lip balm, pink wrapped chocolates, pink nail polish, little pumpkins, etc.)
- Special in office Event (ex: Pink Day)
- Community – Get involved with a local BCA event(s)
- Wear Pink (gloves, scrubs, masks, socks, etc)
- Invite your patients to wear pink to their appts.
- Involve your local news media with a press release
Check out my Pinterest Board for more ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/BettyJHayden/dental-office-ideas-for-breast-cancer-awareness-mo/
Many cancer treatments have side effects that affect a person’s mouth, teeth, and salivary glands. Dental and oral side effects can make it difficult to eat, talk, chew, or swallow. Fortunately, under your care, you can help your patients lower the risk of these side effects and manage them if they do happen.
Have you signed up to receive my complimentary dental marketing and practice management ideas that are sent right to your email inbox each month? If not, take a second and sign up. This way, you won’t miss a single idea!!
Yours for Greater Success,