October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month – “Every day, more than 700 women in the U.S. are diagnosed with breast cancer.” Source: National Breast Cancer Foundation
Your dental practice supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month is a great way to show your patients and the community that you care.
How can your dental office participate?
Work together as a team to decide how you will promote & support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Raise Awareness, How? Here are a few areas to consider:
- Collect Donations for a charity. (choose a foundation/charity for the donations to go to)
- Office Decorations, What? Who? and from Where?
- Photo Backdrop & Pink Props
- Social Media Sites – Use these platforms to raise awareness, encourage screenings, discuss dental health tips, and share office happenings, etc.
- Production & Product Sales – (A portion of sales will be donated to… )
- Contests for Prizes
- Give-aways – (ex: pink imprinted lip balm, pink wrapped chocolates, pink nail polish, little pumpkins, etc.)
- Special in-office Event (ex: Pink Day)
- Community – Get involved with a local BCA event(s)
- Wear Pink (gloves, scrubs, masks, socks, etc.)
- Invite your patients to wear pink to their appts.
- Involve your local news media with a press release
Check out my Pinterest Board for more ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/BettyJHayden/dental-office-ideas-for-breast-cancer-awareness-mo/
Many cancer treatments have side effects that affect a person’s mouth, teeth, and salivary glands. Dental and oral side effects can make it difficult to eat, talk, chew, or swallow. Fortunately, under your care, you can help your patients lower the risk of these side effects and manage them if they do happen.
For additional dental practice growth tips and ideas for October 2023, Visit HERE
Yours for Greater Success,