April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month and Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Awareness Week is the 14th – 19th of April – An excellent opportunity for you to raise oral cancer awareness and the need for early detection in order to save lives.
According to the Oral Cancer Foundation, Close to 53,000 Americans will be diagnosed with oral or oropharyngeal cancer this year. It will cause over 9,750 deaths, killing roughly 1 person per hour, 24 hours per day.
While smoking and tobacco use are still major risk factors, the fastest growing segment of oral cancer patients is young, healthy, nonsmoking individuals due to the connection to the HPV virus. See more: http://oralcancerfoundation.org/events/oral-head-neck-cancer-awareness-month/
Here are some ideas to get you started:
Consider offering complimentary oral cancer screenings during the month of April or on a designated day…
Your offer is this:
April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month
our office is pleased to offer
FREE Oral Cancer Screenings
a National Effort to END ORAL CANCER!
How can you promote your offer?
- Send a Press Release to local newspapers & TV stations.
- Create a one-page flyer for your patients to share with their friends, family members, co-workers, and neighbors.
- Talk about it on all of your office Social Media sites!
- Create a Facebook Complimentary Oral Cancer Screening Event.
More Oral Cancer Awareness ideas for the month:
- Hygiene Continuing Care Opportunity: Encourage your inactive patients to come in for their important free oral cancer screening.
- Partner with a local business to do free oral cancer screenings at their location.
- Open House/Oral Cancer Screening Event at your office. (See Tips and Ideas for Dental Office Open House Event )
- Donate a portion of service/product sales (ie: teeth whitening, fluoride, Invisalign) to Oral Cancer Research.
- Host or Participate in Oral Cancer Research 5k Walk/Run.
- Give away Free T-shirts or Bracelets to every patient that makes a donation toward Oral Cancer Research or Just Because 🙂
- Create a video to share on your social media platforms demonstrating how oral cancer screenings are quick & painless.
- Bring in your local dermatologist for a lunch n learn to demonstrate oral, head & neck cancer screenings.
- Have a gift card or gift basket raffle that your patients can enter to win during the month of April.
If you’re looking for additional marketing ideas not related to oral cancer awareness for April, please visit here: Dental Marketing Ideas for April
Contact Betty at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your complimentary 30-minute telephone coaching session with me.
Don’t miss out on any of the ideas that I share each month! Are you receiving my complimentary Practice Management and Marketing Ideas in your email each month? If not, please start following us today. If you prefer, send me your email address (to email@example.com) and I will send you an invitation to follow my blog.
Yours for Greater Success,