For many dental practice teams, August and September can be tricky months for growth with the back to school season distractions – even more so with the COVID season “distractions”.
However, these next few months continue to bring wonderful opportunities to be productive and safe while helping your patients and community smile healthier and happier.
With some planning, enthusiasm, and implementation you have the chance to really set yourselves apart from the other offices in the community, welcome more new patients, exceed your current patients’ expectations (get them talking about how awesome you are!), have less stress and more fun as a team. We all need more of that.
Dental Office Leadership, Practice Management, and Marketing Tips and Ideas for the month of August…
Even with all the uncertainty with how this school year will be changed (and be safe) now is still a great time to educate the community on the importance of good dental health for their children as well as for the teachers.
Here are some ideas to help make the back-to-school season fun for the community and profitable for your dental office.
Theme: Back-to-school with Healthy Smiles!
Target Audience: Teachers and school-aged children.
Focus: Preventive Dental Services.
What: Education, Promotion, and Special Offers
- Send a press release to local papers and news stations with “Children’s Dental Health Tips for Parents,” such as healthy snack and beverage ideas, when to visit the dentist, what-to-do in a dental emergency, brushing and flossing tips, mouthguard information, sealants information, and more.
- Facebook (live) videos sharing the aforementioned tip and ideas.
- Share social media and blog posts with dental health tips for children.
- Promote special offers just for teachers and students during August.
- August is Get Ready for Kindergarten Month – Send out a press release and promote social media posts that focus on kindergarten-aged children.
- Send treats/snacks to your local schools along with some imprinted office items such as toothbrushes.
See more Dental ideas for teachers and schools here: Dental Marketing Ideas for your local School District
Social Media Post Ideas to Improve Engagement during the month of August
- National Fresh Breath (Halitosis) Day: 6th
- Book Lovers Day: 9th (ask your followers to share their favorite book(s)
- National Honey Bee Day: 17th (Our patients are sweet as honey!)
- Senior Citizen’s Day: 21st (see: Dental Office Tips and Ideas for Marketing to Retirees and Seniors
- National Matchmakers Day: 31st (fun opportunity to ask for NP referrals)
Practice Management Tips & Ideas
Hygiene Continuing Care Opportunity – August 1 -7 – Simplify Your Life Week: Simplify your life by crossing off “Schedule my all-important dental visit” from your To-Do-List by calling us today at…
Reactivation and Reappointment – How many of your “active” patients have their next appt scheduled and how many do not? Let us work together to ensure none of your patients are slipping through any cracks. A solid reactivation and reappointment protocol is key to keeping healthy schedules and healthy patients.
Friends, if you do not know what your office numbers look like, please examine, record, and measure these and other important key practice indicators. You need to know where you’re at currently to know how to best care for your patients and what your potential for growth is. To help you get that data quickly, like within minutes – if your PMS is either Dentrix, Eaglesoft, or Open Dental you can request a complimentary, no-obligation practice data snapshot here: Game-Changing Awareness from Dental Intelligence – Within minutes we’ll identify your practice’s strengths and uncover hidden opportunities. I am happy to assist you with this at no charge.
Leadership Tips & Ideas
“The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not a bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.” – Jim Rohn
Employee Work Anniversaries – Who has work anniversaries in August that you can celebrate?
Employee Appreciation – Just Because Day – August 27th / Why not surprise the team with a small gift, gift card, or treat… just because. They need it!
Doctors, if you would like to grow and improve your dental practice and have wondered what it might be like to work with me and what coaching is all about… please feel free to reach out to me to schedule a complimentary, no-obligation coaching call at email@example.com.
Are you receiving my complimentary Dental Practice Management and Marketing Ideas via your email each month? If not, please follow today or send me (firstname.lastname@example.org) your email address and I will send you an invitation to follow. This way, you won’t miss a single idea.
Yours for Greater Success,
~Betty – Dental Coach