If your office is planning on participating in a community health and wellness fair or expo, I have some ideas to help you make it a big success.
Health Fair settings can be challenging for a couple of different reasons.
One, there are a lot of vendors and booths/displays so you’re going to want to make sure that your display table stands out. Your goal is to attract not detract.
Second, most people are there for something free. Well, I guess this really isn’t a challenge though because you’re going to ensure that no attendee leaves your table empty-handed.
Some may wonder what they should talk about and what sort of items they should give away?
How about these ideas…
Services/Talking Points ~
- Teeth Whitening
- Smile Makeover
- Dry Mouth
- Oral Cancer (on-site screenings?)
- Oral Systemic Links – the mouth-body connection
- Good Foods / Bad Foods
- Sugar (How much sugar is in your favorite drink display)
- Healthy Snack Ideas
- How-to Demonstrations – Proper Brushing and Flossing
- PowerPoint Presentation/Videos on a laptop, tablet, or large monitor with before and after photos.
- In-Office Savings Plan / Financing Options
- Banner (Office Name and Website address)
- Brochures (Dental Services, Products, Financing, Office Welcome Info)
- Business Cards
- Use nice baskets, containers, and frames to display your items.
Keep your table neat but attractive – too much information and “stuff” will be overwhelming in that setting.
Call-To-Action & Appointments ~
Include a Big Call to Action with a deadline: You could hand out a sheet of paper that has a special offer on it: Complimentary Oral Cancer Screening, New Patient Special or Teeth Whitening Offer. On that sheet include some of the other services you offer. Also, include your social media sites and of course all your office contact info.
Or have a form they can fill out on a tablet.
Make certain that you’ll have the ability to schedule complimentary consultations and New Patient Hygiene visits right there on the spot. (Access to schedule…at the very least a copy of the schedule for the next 2 weeks.)
Very Important: Your display table must include friendly, smiling, approachable and outgoing team members. (also wearing professional & clean attire)
Other things you can do to attract people to your table…
- Balloon Animals
- Photo Booth w/photo props
- Face Painting
- Prize Wheel
- Lots of free stuff! Which brings us to…
- Bottled Water 0r Imprinted Water Bottles
- Healthy Snacks
- Xylitol Products- Gum/Mints/Suckers
- Imprinted Toothbrushes
- Floss / Imprinted Floss Cards
- Imprinted Pens / Pencils
- Drink Koozies
- Lip Balm (my go-to; www.lipbalmexpress)
- For the little ones: Stickers, Dental Coloring Books with Crayons and Small Toys.
- Reusable Bags with your Office Information on them is a handy give-away, one that allows them to carry their free gifts in and advertise your office for you If you’re not looking to spend a lot on the bags, please consider using small imprinted plastic bags so no one is fumbling with their gifts.
Raffle / Drawing ~
- Electric Toothbrush
- Whitening Pen/Trays/Strips
- Gift Cards
- Gift Baskets ( Themes: Dental, Family Games, Gardening, Seasonal items, BBQ, Winter, Fall, Spa, Etc. – don’t hesitate to team up with local businesses for basket items)
- Free Teeth Whitening and or $ off Dental Treatment ( NOTE: they can either check the box for which one or all that they are hoping to win. Use a full sheet of paper with prize options and large space for them to fill out their name, email, address & phone (to be used later to send nice to meet you cards).
Should you decide to use a Prize Wheel instead of Raffle/Drawing be sure to find another way to capture their information so you can follow up with a “pleasure to meet you” thank you card after the event.
Social Media Engagement ~
Encourage attendees to “like” your office Facebook page and “follow” your office on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Perhaps you can offer some type of incentive/reward for visiting your social media sites. Make it easy for them to find your social media pages with QR codes that they can quickly scan with their phone.
Take a few minutes before and after the event to briefly introduce yourself to the other vendors and businesses at the expo. Give them a gif bag with some of your office freebies. This is a great opportunity to build relationships within your community.
So many ways for you to have a fun and successful health and wellness fair. Do you have any other ideas that have worked well for you? Please, share them with me.
Did you enjoy these tips and ideas? I would love and truly appreciate for you to please take a second to leave a review/recommendation for me here on GOOGLE and/or FACEBOOK
Have you signed up to receive my complimentary dental marketing and practice management ideas that are sent right to your email inbox each month? If not, take a second and sign up. Or send me your email address and I will send you an invite to follow. This way, you won’t miss a single idea.
Yours for Greater Success,
~Betty (Dental Coach)
P.S. Please stop by and say hello to me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest