The ideas that I’m sharing for the month of October can be done any time of year but sometimes, it helps to have a little push. So here is your gentle push to make plans now to have a great start to the final quarter for the year.
Use it or Lose it Reminders – Get your letters (& phone calls) out to your patients reminding them to use any insurance benefits they have remaining for 2017 to complete any needed treatment or for their continuing care hygiene appointment before they lose them.
Improve Your Office Day – October 4th – (It is also Taco day and Vodka day, coincidence? I think not.)
Take this opportunity to examine ways to improve your office. Here are some ideas to get you started: SEE Improve your Office
Customer Service Week – October 2nd -6th – This is a great theme for your next team meeting. What ideas can you come up with as a team to exceed your patients’ expectations by consistently delivering excellent customer service?
- What do you do when you run late? (If you’re habitually running behind, please change that habit! It’s disrespectful to your patients and your team)
- What do you do when the lab screws up a case?
- What about comfort? How are you making the visit as comfortable as possible for your patients?
- What about your telephone skills? SEE How to Effectively Answer the Dental Office Telephone (Telephone Principles)
- How about after the treatment – are you making post-op calls?
- How are you staying in touch with your patients in between their 6-month hygiene appointments? SEE 10 Ways to Stay in Touch with your Dental Patients
Boss’s Day is October 16th – Plan now to make this day special for your boss(es).
Get to Know Your Customers Day is October 19th – Perhaps you could have a Business Card Drawing for a Free Lunch. Have fun with this day or turn it into a week or month-long event. This will allow you to get to know your patients better as well as learn what local businesses you want to focus some of your marketing efforts on.
October is National Dental Hygiene Month – What can be done to improve your hygiene department? Examine your current protocols and systems…both clinical and administrative.
Combine these practice management ideas with my Marketing Ideas and you will have a great October (and final quarter) as a team! Not to mention, your patients will love you for it!
As always, I would love to hear your ideas! Should you need any help implementing these ideas or have any other questions that I can help you answer… I’m ready to help!
Have you signed up to receive my complimentary dental marketing and practice management ideas that are sent right to your email inbox each month? If not, take a second and sign up. This way, you won’t miss a single idea!
Please share my blog with your dental friends.
Yours for Greater Success,