One of the most asked questions that I receive is ideas for hosting a dental open house event. So if you have an open house planned for your dental office or are considering hosting an open house event, here are some ideas to help make your open house a huge success!
- Winter Wonderland
- Hearts – We “Heart” our Community or We “Heart” our Patients
- Decades (ex: 50’s)
- Spring – Flowers (Thank you for helping our office grow)
- Celebration of Health
- Women’s Night Out
- Office Anniversary Celebration
- Shopping (w/local vendors)
- Cocktail Party (Wine & Appetizers)
- Community (Local Businesses/Non-Patients)
- Current Patients
Cross Marketing Opportunity:
- Team up with local businesses!
- Hair Salons, Specialty offices, Restaurants, Etc.
- Display a thank you board/sign to the local businesses involved in the open house.
- Have an area that they can display their business information
- Have them donate a prize to be raffled off or used in a drawing.
- Ask them to advertise your event at their place of business.
Advertising your Event:
- Local Newspaper (Invite them to the event!)
- TV News (Invite them to the event!)
- Radio (Invite them to the event!)
- Social Media Sites (set up a Facebook Event)
- Current Patients (Ask them to bring a friend for a prize!)
- Online Local News Sites
- Local Chambers
- Local Businesses (Library, City Hall, Day Cares, Salons, Restaurants, Schools, EVERYWHERE)
- Employees (Make sure the entire team is on board w/the event and talking about it)
- Banner on building
Call To Action/Community Support:
Collect Donations for…
- Winter Gear (Coats, Gloves, Scarves & Hats, Blankets)
- Canned Foods
- School Supplies
- Aluminum Can Tabs (Ronald McDonald House)
- Complimentary Oral Cancer Screenings
- Smile Makeover Contest
Welcome letter/flyer (Include in it: Info about the office, services offered, a special call to action offer & a thank you for coming in)
Items imprinted with your office information, such as:
- Toothbrush Bags
- Lip Balm (www.lipbalmexpress.com)
- Tote Bags
- Coffee Mugs
- Water Bottles
- Flower Seed Packets
- Key rings
- Xylitol Products
My favorite company to use for imprinted giveaway items is: Bizarre Marketing – www.promostuff4u.com
- Face Painting
- Photo Booth
- Balloon Twisting
- Craft Table
- DJ/Karaoke/Live Music
- Dental Health Presentations
Drawing/Raffle for Prizes:
Having a drawing(s) allows you to collect names and contact information of the guests. Be sure to collect Name, Address, Email & Phone #.
- Electric Toothbrush
- Teeth Whitening
- $/% Off of a Dental Service
- Gift Cards
- Gift Baskets
Team up with local businesses for contributions/donations of Prizes. Be sure to remind them that their name will be included in your advertising for the open house.
Offer an incentive (such as; gift card) to the first so many people who RSVP to your event.
- Office must be clean and clutter free!! (Inside & Out!)
- Restrooms – make sure they are checked during the open house for cleanliness and that they are well stocked)
- Decorate the Office
- Music Playing (recorded or live)
- Have stations set up throughout the office to encourage a tour of the entire office.
- Monitors set up in reception room and treatment suites playing videos of services offered
- Display “About Our Office & Services” Brochures
- Well dressed
- Name Tags
- Friendly & Outgoing
- Specific assignments (designated greeter, tour guide, speaker for dental presentations, etc.)
- Bottled water with office label
- BBQ Foods
- Ice Cream Truck (great for outdoor events)
You may be able to get a local business to donate cookies, cake pops, cupcakes, sandwich trays, fruit and vegetable platters, etc.
Day of the Event:
- Smiling faces
- Name tags
- Give tours (Depending on size of the event you could set tours up scavenger hunt style)
- Be ready to schedule appointments
- Greet everyone
- Take lots of pictures
- Record a video of the event
After the Event:
- Send Thank you’s to all of your guests and any businesses that participated in the event.
- Send a follow-up article & pictures to the local paper.
- Call prize winners to come into the office and collect their gift – be sure to take their picture(s).
- Post pictures of the event on social media sites.
Remember, Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance!
To-do lists are your friend! Include a timeline & who is responsible for what & when.
Your goal should be to make your guests feel welcome, special and appreciated. No one wants to show up to an event where they are not welcomed or sure they’re even in the right place.
Have a GREAT Open House Event friends!
If you have more ideas I would love to hear about them! To share your thoughts/ideas please comment below. If you enjoyed reading this article please give us a “like” below.
If you are not yet receiving my free dental marketing ideas every month to your inbox, please take a second and subscribe today. This way you won’t miss a single idea!
Yours for Greater Success,